One thing that cannot be bought, even with all the money in the world, is youth. While most of us wish that we could halt time and stay young forever, this is one aspect of nature that we cannot stop and no matter what your background, financial status, gender or race, one thing that you can be certain of is being affected by the aging process. While we cannot stop aging, the good news is that we can reduce the physical effects of aging by taking good care of our skin and making certain lifestyle changes. Some people age far better than others and can look dramatically younger than another person of their own age. By following certain steps you can help to keep your skin looking younger for longer, which means that you look and feel better, and can enjoy far more confidence with lots of compliments!
Ways to reduce the effects of aging on the skin
The appearance of your skin can be affected by many different things. Your age will, of course, have an effect on the appearance of your skin but there are various other factors that can have an effect on how your skin ages. Bearing this in mind, making some changes to your lifestyle can help to keep the effects of aging at bay. By taking the right steps you can boost collagen levels in your skin, which in turn will help to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and sagging skin. Some of the methods that you should look at in order to reduce the signs of aging on your skin include:
- Establish a proper skincare routine: It is very important to establish and maintain a proper skincare routine. This helps to ensure that your skin is kept clean, pores are clear, and that you keep your skin soft and supple. Soap can dry skin out so opt for a good face wash to get that really fresh, clean feel. You should follow up with a good cleanser or cleansing wipes followed by a toner to cool the skin and tighten the pores back up. Finally, finish with a moisturiser to keep the skin smooth and hydrated. For extra effect you can try one of the great anti-aging moisturisers from Allbeauty.com, as this will be even more effective in reducing the appearance of wrinkles. To keep costs down, make sure you use one of the money saving vouchers from Voucher Bin, which will help to make your skincare purchases more affordable.
- Keep your skin hydrated: You need to make sure that your skin is kept hydrated if you want to reduce the signs of aging. This means drinking plenty of fluids – most importantly fresh water, which is ideal for hydrating the skin. You should also ensure that you do not overdo it with alcoholic beverages, as these will have the opposite effect and can dry out your skin and make the signs of aging more evident.
- Give up the cigarettes: One thing that can really damage the collagen in your skin and cause premature aging is smoking. Of course, smoking is hazardous to health for many reasons so it is strongly advisable to give up this habit anyway. However, having an adverse effect on your skin and the onset of wrinkles is one of the aesthetic problems that smoking can cause so giving up can prove to be a huge help when it comes to improving the appearance of your skin.
- Assess your diet: Getting the right vitamins and minerals is another essential part of maintaining healthy, younger looking skin. With this in mind, you should ensure you eat a varied diet that incorporates plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables, which tend to be packed with vitamins, minerals and anti-oxidants. Try to avoid eating lots of fatty foods, as these can leave both skin and hair looking dull and aged. Also, increase your vitamin C intake because this can have a valuable positive effect on collagen formation.
- Be mindful about the effects of the sun: Many of us love to revel in the sunshine and top up our tans. However, you need to remember that the UV rays of the sun can be very harmful to skin not just in terms of increasing the likelihood of premature aging and wrinkles but also serious problems such as skin cancer. Therefore, limit the amount of time that you expose your skin to the sun, particularly the harsh midday sun. Also, always wear skin protection such as sunscreen to protect your skin from these harmful UV rays when you are out and about.
- Pamper your skin: Your skin will also benefit from a little pampering so make sure you treat yourself now and again. Facial massages – whether you do them yourself or go to a spa – can help to boost collagen formation and will keep the blood flowing to help promote younger looking, clearer skin. You will find products such as collagen booster oils that you can use when massaging your facial skin.
When you follow these skincare tips you will be able to look forward to clearer, younger, fresher skin even as you get older.