Ahh Christmas…everybody’s one of the most favorite holidays and periods of the year. It gathers families around a big Christmas tree in which everybody has put so much effort decorating it, each year trying to surpass themselves and their decorating skills. During those moments you have the opportunity to sum up the outgoing year and make plans for the next as well as to think about New Year’s resolutions.
But let’s not forget the main spice of Christmas. Something the whole family is eagerly looking forward to and for which you can become the number one person in the world, but the opposite effect can happen as well if you don’t meet the expectations. I am talking about Christmas presents, of course. Even though we are overwhelmed by a sense of satisfaction when we see the happy faces of our beloved after we gave them the perfect gift, we still cannot forget what process we’d been through while searching for it. So you should never ever be surprised by the last-minute Christmas gift rush!
But I’m sure you ask yourself the same question every single year – What to get for your dearest this time? It seems that during all these years you’ve given them everything they’ve ever needed, or wanted and was reasonable to bestow. And don’t forget how much money you invested in those presents. How about this year you change tactics, save your money and give creative and fun presents? Hope you can use some of these ideas:
- Make interesting covers for a tablet or smartphone: If you don’t want to be that generous and buy a new smartphone or a tablet for your wife, boyfriend, brother or best friend, this one could be just a cool detail to the one they already have.
- Canning jars? : As crazy as it sounds, canning jars can make simple and cute gifts. With just a few things, you can create something like a snow globe in a different shape. You can use Epsom salt as snow and then pick an interesting ornament and wrap it up.
- Vintage bucket: Maybe this year, the perfect present for your significant other would be a plant that would grow together with your love. Vintage buckets could be found in every colour, size or shape you could imagine or you could decorate it yourself and plant inside your love tree.
- Christmas stockings: If you already have the gift but don’t know where to put it before handing it to the person it belongs to, how about making a Christmas stocking out of the sweater you don’t wear anymore but don’t know what to do with? If necessary, you can add a few more details to it, so it could look more interesting.
- A different approach: How about going in a completely different direction and instead of buying cozy, traditional Christmas presents, you buy something totally unexpected? And inexpensive, at the same time. How does a swimwear sale sound to you? Here you can find Australia’s best swimwear brands such as Baku and Ginja which are on sale! And whatever type of swimwear you’re looking for – bikini top, bottom, one-piece, etc. you will find it here.
- Dog treats: Do not forget about your pet, if you have one. They also have the right to feel a little bit of Christmas spirit, so this time make your pet happy by giving it a special oat biscuit with crème cheese frosting and you will see how tails are wagging without stopping.